Evolve is a next-generation first-person shooter game with a heavy sci-fi multiplayer focus. Developed by Turtle Rock Studios and published by 2K Games, the game pits four hunters against a single, player-controlled monster. Evolve is available on Windows, PlayStation, and Xbox. Currently, Stage 2 is only available on Windows through Steam.
Key and new features[edit | edit source]
- Stage 2: Improvements across-the-board including improved matchmaking, enhancements to all characters, visual improvements to maps, optimized performance, and improved player experiences. It's a free game, but it's also a much better game.
- 4v1: Grab three friends and hunt a monster or stalk lowly humans as an ever-evolving beast. Whichever side you choose, you have access to powerful weapons and abilities that deliver balanced, competitive gameplay.
- Hunt Together or Die Alone: Choose a hunter that fits your play style. Whether you play as the Trapper, Support, Assault, or Medic, every role is vital and teamwork is key in surviving an encounter with the monster.
- Beast of Prey: As the monster – the lone predator – you are the boss battle. Use savage abilities and an animalistic sense to wreak havoc, kill the humans, and prove you are the dominant species.
- Savage Planet: Neither flora nor fauna are friendly on planet Shear. Fall victim to natural hazards or use them strategically against your prey.
- Character Customization: Level up to unlock new upgrades, skins and perks for your favorite class: hunter or monster. Earn your infamy on the leaderboards and become the apex predator.