The wildlife of Evolve is varied and unique, posing significant challenge to both the Hunters and the Monsters. Learning how to use the wildlife to your advantage can quickly change the tide of even the most lopsided of battles.
Harmless creatures[edit | edit source]
These Creatures are harmless, serving as food for the monster.
Situational Wildlife[edit | edit source]
Situational Wildlife are wildlife which spawn under specific circumstances, such as when a monster eats a corpse and as an Evacuation Bonus
Dangerous creatures[edit | edit source]
These Creatures are dangerous to both hunters and monsters, some of which are more aggressive than others.
Boss Creatures[edit | edit source]
These are creatures that are very powerful and are differentiated by their red scent.
Background creatures[edit | edit source]
These are creatures that you cant interact with that are just for decoration within maps.
Monsters[edit | edit source]
There are minion versions of monsters that will fight the hunters and help aid the monsters, note that they will always be stage 1 and cannot evolve to become stronger, there are only 2 minion variants of monsters in the game.
- Goliath will appear in one of the three situations listed below:
- Nest mode when the Monster hatches a Egg it will automatically track and fight the Hunters and completely ignores everything else.
- As a unlockable map effect in Evacuation for winning as the Monster on Refueling Tower, this version will follow the Monster and attack whatever the Monster is focused on, attack things around the Monster, and will flee when the Monster flees.
- As allies for the Monster in Defend, in this mode they will automatically target the generators and ignore everything else, when they get low enough on health or the Hunters get in their way while moving to the generator they will stop to attack the Hunters.
- Gorgon will only appear in The Deepest Dark mission beta
Cut Creatures[edit | edit source]
These are creatures that have never made it into the game but were considered and have footage for them